Nia Long opens up about Ime Udoka romance scandal



 Nia Long recalled the September day when her longtime companion, Celtics coach Ime Udoka, was suspended from the team due to an alleged romance.


Nia remarked, “I felt like my heart had jumped out of my body,” in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter.


After helping the Celtics reach the NBA Finals in June, Udoka was suspended for one year for breaching the team’s code of conduct by having a consensual affair with a female staff member.


Nia Long, 52, has spoken about how recent events have been “devastating” for their 11-year-old son, Kez, whom the actress pulled out of school as the controversy broke.


The Boston Celtics’ handling of the consequences of the suspension and adultery of her fiance, Ime Udoka, was another topic of her criticism.


She stated, “The heartbreaking thing about all this was seeing my son’s face when the Boston Celtics organisation decided to make a very private situation public.


“It was devastating, and it still is. He still has moments where it’s not easy for him. If you’re in the business of protecting women — I’m sorry, no one from the Celtics organisation has even called to see if I’m OK, to see if my children are OK. It’s very disappointing.”



The 45-year-old Udoka worked as an assistant coach with the Nets the year before joining the Celtics in 2021. Long, who became engaged to Udoka in 2015, cheered on the Boston Bruins during their postseason run.


Long did not discuss the current state of her relationship with Udoka, but she did talk about the support she has received since Udoka’s alleged affairs came to light.


What she discovered was a “tribe of women and men” who “were speaking up for me in a way that felt like I was in this bubble of safety,” which she described as “extremely comfortable.”


Following his ban for the 2022-23 season, Udoka released a statement expressing his regret to his loved ones.


He expressed regret for disappointing the team’s players and fans, the Celtics’ organisation as a whole, and his loved ones.


“I am sorry for putting the team in this difficult situation, and I accept the team’s decision. Out of respect for everyone involved, I will have no further comment,” he said.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post