Nigerian Cries Out To Consumer Protection Boss To Save Him From EEDC


A Nigerian man based in Onitsha, Anambra state has made an appeal to the Consumer Protection Council CPC to save him from the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) which have bombarded him with outrageous light bills.
Read his appeal below;
I moved into my one room self con apartment in May and before I could conclude the furnishing I was informed by the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) of my bill of 117thousand naira [As seen in the June bill], what a lady at their 3-3 Roundabout Office described as, “My Inheritance…
I made my case to them, that, the house has no meter, and it would take 17months for the bill to accrue to that amount at the rate of N7,000, and 29months at the rate of N4,000, making them understand I could not pay for their inability to do a good work and would stick to paying whatever bill was given me monthly, over my time there.
We made our peace and things have been going smoothly, even the October bill[As shown] is testament of the good working relationship we’ve shared.
But to my dismay in the Christmas season the bill started going so high without calculated proof; the rate of October was 64KWh, how did it now rise to 190KWh in December and 234KWh in January an over 350% increase in the price barely over 2months.
No matter what an individual earns, bills are hard to pay. My bills should not be at the Whims and Caprice of a man’s mood.
So I make an appeal to the Consumer Protection Council CPC, DG, Babatunde Irukera(@tundeirukera), and to the office of the President, who would need my vote in 2019, to call the EEDC to order. If they are yet to provide me with a prepaid meter, a humane way of calculating my bills should be employed.
Singed: A Nigerian Consumer
Previous Post Next Post